Located inside a huge and decidedly bizarre inter-war building, this museum is a must for anyone visiting the city. Dating from 1862 and operating under its current name since 1916, there’s a huge array of permanent exhibitions and antiquities. Visitors will find a wealth of delightful 15th-century Dutch and Flemish paintings as well as several Botticellis in the Gallery of Old Masters which also includes several galleries of Polish art from the 16th century onwards, with some of the best work by the country’s leading painters like Chełmoński and Matejko. This leads nicely on to the Gallery of 19th Century Art. The Gallery of Polish Design and Professor Kazimierz Michałowski Faras Gallery are the newest spaces to open, the latter holding a rare exhibit of medieval Nubian art from the Nile River Valley. All in all, it's worth seeing. Make sure to check their website for more info.
Show on map
Facilities for disabled
Open 10:00-18:00. Fri 10:00-20:00, Closed Mon.