Lalka Theater is Warsaw's oldest puppet theatre. It was originally founded in 1945 more than 4,000km away in Uzbekistan, under the name Blue Almonds. The activity of this puppet theatre dates back to 1945. Its founder was Janina Kilian-Stanislawska, a Pole from Lviv who was deported to Central Asia after the Soviet Union's invasion of Eastern Poland in September 1939. In 1946, the theatre was repatriated to Poland, and operated in cooperation with Kraków's Groteska theatre. After being moved to Warsaw and being nationalized in 1950, Lalka got a permanent seat in the Palace of Culture and Science in 1955. In the 21st century, the theatre's repertoire of productions are mostly aimed at children.