Ah, the Nazis did like their neoclassicism. With no pre-existing classicist castle to make their home, Breslau's authorities had to built their own headquarters, which they did in grandiose style, right on the river. This sprawling structure, supposedly modelled after Die Neue Reichskanzlei, Hitler's Berlin crib, was built throughout WWII (from 1939 all the way to 1945) according to the design of Felix Bräuler. Felix himself used plans made by Alexander Müller and Ferdinand Schmidt in the 1920's, which had been scrapped at the time due to financial problems. The building was never completed by its original builders - with the front line advancing, they had to abandon construction before the brick walls could be plastered. After the war, Polish authorities fixed up and finished the structure, damaged in bombings during the Siege of Breslau, and turned it into the Lower Silesian Provincial Office, which it remains to this day.