For almost 200 years the city has attracted people from all over Europe and beyond The first spwith its rejuvenating spas and health resorts. The heart of Sopot’s spa district is the Spa House with its wonderful rotunda which looks out over the fountain, gardens and pier. The first spa house was built here in 1824 and was remodelled and rebuilt so that by the early part of the 20th century it included ballrooms, restaurants, a hotel and a casino. The current incarnation is the fourth spa house with this one dating to 2009. The building today houses the State Art Gallery, Sopot Tourist Information, restaurants, cafes, galleries and of course a spa and plays a major role in attracting visitors to Sopot from Poland and abroad.