Show on map
Open 10:00 - 22:00. Closed Tue.
Open 10:00 - 22:00 (May - September), 10:00 - 20:00 (October - March), Closed Tue. Closed April.
Price/Additional InfoAdmission free.
The Mikhailovsky Palace is the traditional epicentre of the Russian Museum, built in 1825. Located within the historic centre of St. Petersburg, it is a fine example of Russian Neoclassical grandeur, having been designed by the Italian architect Carlo Ro
When Peter the Great arrived to supervise the construction of the Peter and Paul Fortress and his new city, he needed a place to stay. So, in three days (reputedly) they built him this modest little cabin where he lived for the next six years. There are
The Marble Palace has long been a centre for cultural exploits in the capital. It was built in 1785 by Antonio Rinaldi for Ekaterina II’s favorite Graph G.Orlov. During the late 19th century, under the ownership of Grand Duke Konstantin Konstantinovich,
Mikhailovsky Garden is one of the rarest architectural landscape monuments of the 18th and the first 30 years of the 19th centuries; it is a unique mix of two different styles of landscape art in one place, the regular style (“French”) and the landscape
The history of St. Michael's Castle goes back to 1797 when construction of an imperial residence in the historic center of St. Petersburg began. By 1801 the castle was completed. Architects Vincenzo Brenna and Vasili Bazhenov designed it in a way that th
In the west, the fame of the Stroganov family largely revolves around their christening of a dish comprised of cream and brandy. They were, however, at one point one of the most influential families of Petersburg, residing in their beautiful home, locate
The palace has had a fortunate history. Since Peter I’s time the palace hasn’t been rebuilt, though some damage has been done to the interior design. To date, the layout and the exterior of the palace have remained untouched, so have the allegorical ceil
Benois Wing (Russian Museum)
Nab. kan. Griboedova 2
The project of Benois Wing was executed by the architects L. Benois and S. Ovsyannikov in 1910-1912. Originally the building was purposed for different exhibitions of different art unions. It was founded 27 June 1914, but the war which had burst out stop