Facilities for disabled
From May to September open 10:00-18:00, closed Mon. From October to April open 11:00-17:00, closed Mon, Tue. Cathedral towers' viewing platforms are open from May till September, Tue - Sun 10:00 - 18:00.
Price/Additional InfoThe admission fee is €10 from May to September and €8 from October to April. There is a joint ticket available for the University of Tartu Museum, Old Observatory, and University of Tartu Art Museum for €15. Special price for the joint ticket from May until the end of the year 2023 is €10. More information about the tickets can be found on the website.
The massive, red-brick structure at the northwest tip of the hill is the remains of the Tartu Cathedral, which dates to the late 13th Century when Tartu was a bishopric. It was heavily damaged during the Livonian War and finally finished off by fire in 1
This grand building was the university's original observatory, founded in 1810, and now houses one of university's museum branches. Its most famous director, F. G. W. Struve (in charge 1820 - 1839) installed what was then the most powerful telescope in t
Built in 1809 just after the Tartu University's reopening, this grand, neo-classical structure is the symbol of Estonia's biggest brain factory. The building holds three main attractions for visitors. Among Estonia's oldest museums, the Universit