Download our new free travel app In Your Pocket City Essentials for IOS and Android.
Tanya Kovarsky is a Joburg-based writer, editor and trainer, and blogs at Rattle and Mum and Dear Max. She uses her time running after her son Max to train for the Comrades Marathon. These are her top picks for places to go with children.
1.Take a walk on the wild side through the Joburg Zoo.
2. Visit Gold Reef City, the city’s best amusement and theme park.
3. Get switched on at Sci-Bono Discovery Centre where science and education meet play.
4. Head to the top of the City Sightseeing Red Bus for some perfect vantage-point sightseeing.
5. Row a boat at the Zoo Lake, a beautiful green space with lots of activities.
6. Visit Montecasino Bird Garden for the incredible array of birds
7. Watch a classic on stage at the National Children’s Theatre.
8. Go for brunch or tea at Munch at the Garden Shop in a nursery setting with enough small animals to ogle and feed to keep most kids happy.