Built in the 1930s, this is one of Kraków's youngest churches. After the war, it's parish of 13,000 was the largest in Kraków, and its position as the primary church across the river form Wawel in the largely residential neighbourhood of Dębniki ensures that it remains of one the city's largest today.In fact, Karol Wojtyła was a parish member when he lived nearby at ul. Tyniecka 10 from 1938-1944. It was here that he heard mass every day when he began his priestly vocation which would eventually lead him to the papacy. On November 3, 1946, he preached his second-ever mass in this very church, and after becoming Pope made a point of visiting his old parish in 2002.