Open 09:30-17:00. Closed Mon.
ul. Królowej Jadwigi 41
Kraków in the 14th century used to be surrounded by villages, one of them being Garbary, more of a city jurisdiction with its own town hall building, still remaining on Karmelicka 12, and still standing Carmelite Church on the corner of Karmelicka and Garbarska. The town's history (and its name) goes back to 1363 when Kraków tanners (garbarze) moved there and set up their workshops. The exhibition at the Zwierzyniec House consists of two parts, the first devoted to the town's history up to 1655 which marks Garbary's destruction by the Swedish army. The second part covers Garbary's history all the way up to the modern-day when it was re-named Piaski. The 20th-century district included places like Theatre Bagatela (still in existence), Theatre Groteska, as well as the building on Krupnicza 22, which until very recently housed the Polish Writers Union.
Open 09:30-17:00. Closed Mon.Sep 212019
- May 172020