A strange legend attaches to the church, involving the theft and unsavoury use of three communion wafers. The unfortunate wafers were later found on the common, and King Władysław Jagiełło had the Church of Corpus Christi erected on the spot. Construction ended in 1470 and renovations were added during the Baroque period. The Gothic elevations and Baroque gable and tower are preserved in their original state. Points of interest include paintings of King Jagiełło and Queen Hedwig from 1685, the high altar designed by Pompeo Ferrari, and the Baroque Chapel of the Virgin Mary. To this day, Corpus Christi processions (June 19th, 2014) are remarkably colourful and impressive, with the local houses brightly decorated and women and girls wearing Bamberg costumes.