The Greek goddess Hygieia can be seen sitting serenely upon this water well on Plac Wolności. The story begins in 1841 when Edward Raczyński constructed the city waterworks, choosing to place a well, decorated with intricate reliefs, between Marcinkowskiego and Lutego streets. In 1908 the well was moved down to ul. Podgórna, but not before Albert Wolf further embellished it with the goddess of good health, cleanliness and hygiene. The well found its current place in 1971.