Set on the Motława end of ul. Ogarna the ‘cattle gate’ is found next to what was once ‘Butter Market’. Thought to have been built in the 14th century the building was given a through redesign five hundred years later. This, miraculously almost, survived the war, but not the town planners who arrived after. Clearly inspired by the ruins around them they chose to knock this place down, and rebuild it in something similar to its original form. This was a common practice after WWII where the new Polish authorities decided to recreate buildings from the end of the 18th century, before Gdańsk was partitioned rather than rebuild what had stood there in 1939.