The Polish Baltic Philharmonic Hall is a neo-gothic red-brick building that used to house the city's power plant, built between 1897-98 by the Berlin company Siemens & Halske. Suffering but surviving the damage done to it in 1945, the plant was in operation until 1996, when it officially closed. The idea to transform the derelict plant came from Prof. Roman Perucki, who had attended a concert in an abandoned power plant in Norrkoeping, Sweden, and envisaged the recently-closed power plant in the same light. Today, the Philharmonic puts on a range of shows around the tri-city, including this building right on the Motława river. Tickets to this powerhouse of music can be bought at the building at the times listed below or at the venue four hours before show time.