This characteristic church at the far end of ul. Św. Jana was completed in two stages back in the 18th century: the main body of the church was designed by Kacper Bażanka and completed in 1728, while the facade - courtesy of Eclecticist architect Francesco Placidi - was tacked on thirty years later. The inside sports Roman-inspired polychrome paintings by Franz Eckstein and Jozef Piltz. Both the church and the adjacent monastery belong to the Piarist Order, hence the name of the street it's on. Of note is that each year from December 24th until February 2nd the basement of the church hosts one of the city's more unusual and often controversial nativity scenes for the holiday season.