The waterfront promenade in Gdańsk Old Town, formerly named Długi Most (English: Long Bridge), stretching along the western shore of Motława. Each ‘water gate’ along the street is very characteristic of architecture in old Danzig. The first mention of the Marina on this Motława shore comes from the fourteenth century. For many centuries, this promenade was made of wooden platforms of varying height, used for unloading and unloading of ships. In the 17th century, they merged into one bridge. In 1858, during a visit to Gdańsk, the Poet Jadwiga Łuszczewska described Motława along Długie Pobrzeże as being “so crowded with boats that the water is barely visible”.
It was around this time that the Bówke, harbour thugs and drunkards, used to operate. After WWII, the street was rebuilt from concrete elements and paved with polished marble slabs. After the summer season 2019, a renovation of Długi Pobrzeże has been planned with expected completion by November 2022.