However, what may look like a catastrophe on the surface is actually a much needed chance to build something new from the ground up. All it will take is enough like-minded folks to come together and support initiatives like Tourism From Zero. Below you can find more info about the project, including how you can join and what other steps you can take to help start creating the new world today - even if you're still quarantined in your home!
From the official Tourism From Zero siteRecent weeks and last years’ over-tourism issues showed us both the benefits, the relevance, and the limits of the tourism, hospitality and leisure industries for society. At this point, we cannot foresee the future, but we can listen to challenges and start developing solutions:
• How should we IMAGINE tourism now that we have an opportunity to reset the way we do business?
• Which CHANGES would you like to see? If any?
• What are your CHALLENGES and CONCERNS?
• What are your IDEAS and SOLUTIONS to make it through the pandemic AND into a sustainable and innovative future of tourism
Share your thoughts, concerns, ideas, solutions, and challenges with us. Click here.
The purpose of the Tourism From Zero initiativeThe purpose of the Tourism From Zero initiative is to provide a one-stop-shop for problems and solutions surrounding travel, tourism, hospitality, and leisure.
They want to:
• Hear from everybody that is negatively or positively affected by the recent drop in travel, tourism, hospitality and leisure activities.
• Analyze this feedback and post it anonymously and aggregated on this website.
• Collect from respondents and co-develop solutions from findings.
• Post solutions and best practices on this website for all. Solutions that work in Brazil might also apply to Austria and vice versa.
• Rekindle tourism, travel, hospitality and leisure activities in an economically viable and responsible way.
From zero to heroWho and what are we looking for:
• As a RESIDENT, what are the consequences and opportunities of travel restrictions and less travel to your area?
• As a TOURIST, how does COVID-19 affect your current and future travel plans – if at all?
• As a HOTEL, RESTAURANT, TRANSPORTATION, ATTRACTION ETC. business or employee, how are you affected and – if any – what solution are you putting in place?
• As a CONVENTION CENTRE, TOURISM OFFICE (CVB, DMO, RTO etc.) what are you faced with and how do you respond to bring tourism back?
The #TourismFromZero initiative is the result of an international collaboration between academics and tourism stakeholders. All insights will be shared anonymously and in an aggregate manner. European GDPR rules apply. The data will not be sold, but will be used by participating academics and professionals to work with their stakeholders to get our industries “from zero to hero”.
Learn more about Tourism From Zero initiative and Tourism 4.0Last year was a record year for the Slovenian tourism industry, as we recorded as many as 6.2 million tourists. The epidemic of the new coronavirus has severely crippled the tourism industry in our country and abroad.
We recently set down with the project development team from company Arctur and learn a lot about Tourism from Zero initiative and tourism 4.0.
Become the #TourismFromZero supporter!
Join the initiative here.