Built in early Judaic-Baroque style, this Orthodox synagogue was a gift to the city from Izaak Jakubowicz, a wealthy banker to King Ladislaus IV. Opened in 1644, it is considered to be the most architecturally important of Kraków’s synagogues, with a vaulted ceiling and decorative arabesques. Destroyed by the Nazis, the building was returned to the Jewish community after the communist period and renovated, revealing fragments of the original wall scriptures. Presently it is undergoing further restoration and is not open to visitors.
Price/Additional InfoAdmission 10/6zł.
Corner of Izaaka, Ciemna and Jakuba