Just beside the Grey House is a paved walkway leading to the modern, restored gravestone (erected in 2005) of Sarah Schenirer (1883-1935), whose original headstone in the New Jewish Cemetery was destroyed, like all others, when the camp was built. A pioneer of Jewish education for girls, in 1917 Schenirer founded the Beth Jacob School at ul. Stanisława 10 – the first religious school for girls in Kraków, which became the model for her network of Jewish schools all over Poland. Over 250 such schools with almost 40,000 students were established in Poland just during her lifetime, with many such schools in Israel, the United States and elsewhere today.
Former Podgórze Jewish Cemetery Grounds
ul. Jerozolimska 25
One of the main areas of recent restoration work in the former KL Płaszów camp has been that of the two pre-war Jewish cemeteries located h