Taste is subjective. What tastes magnificent to us might not to you, and vice versa, obviously, but we’re more than happy to sample as much food as possible in the hope of steering you in the best direction. What, you want us to eat all of the chocolate? Fine, okay, just because you asked. Croatia has plenty of delectable chocolates waiting to be devoured, so check out our favourites and get ready for a real melt-in-your-mouth experience.
1. TAMAN - Indonesia Ransiki, 72% - Dark bean to bar chocolate made from cocoa from the Ransiki region of West Papua. Chocolate with a velvety texture, in which the aromas of ripe fruit and sweet flowers stand out. The flavours range from mild fruit acids to the dark sweetness of dates, raisins, prunes and nutmeg. It also happens to be award-winning chocolate, having picked up the prestigious Academy of ChocolateAward Bronze award in 2021.
2. NADALINA - Cacaonibs, 80% - Dark, organic bean to bar chocolate with pieces of cocoa beans made from cocoa from the Dominican Republic. Fine texture, mild bitterness despite the high percentage of cocoa, and pronounced fruity notes that end in the aroma of raisins and prunes. The floral notes linger on and on and on. This chocolate was the winner of a bronze at the International Chocolate Awards in 2017.
3. GAMULIN - White chocolate with sage, 29% - artisan chocolate from the island of Hvar. White chocolate and Hvar sage come together to create the perfect combination of flavours on the palate. This is a chocolate that leaves nobody indifferent, to say the least.
4. TAMAN - Milk Artisan Chocolate Coconut, Lemon and Lemongrass, 35% - Sweet and sour combination of milk chocolate enriched with pieces of coconut combined with a slightly sour lemon flavour and refreshing notes of lemongrass. Winner of bronze at the Academy of Chocolate Awards in 2017.
5. CHOZEN pralines - Get ready for 12 pieces of hand-painted, cast and filled chocolate candies with top ingredients. Flavours change seasonally and are always focused on the now: expect passion fruit mango hazelnut, mandarin fruit yoghurt, salted caramel, almond hazelnut, ginger yuzu lime ganache and more.
6. CROATIAN CHOCO CONCEPT - The Chocolate Baška bar is made of dark and white chocolate from 7 indigenous flavours of the island of Krk: sage, sage and walnut, fig and orange, rosemary, pine nuts and salt flower, lavender, Vrbnik žlahtina and almonds. Chocolate at its most delectably unique.