Want to schmooze with captains of local industry or have your ambassador issue you a new passport? Need to buy aspirin for your headache, visit a doctor or dentist, find a locksmith or get directions to the closest bowling alley? Read on.
BusinessNew in town? Looking for help starting a business or finding investments? Want to schmooze with captains of local industry or find a European bank that isn’t owned by the state? Having tax problems? Need a corporate lawyer? We've compiled an extensive list of everything the budding entrepreneur or seasoned businessperson might need or want to know.
Business consultantsSee Organisations & NGOs for business information and contacts.
HealthMake an appointment with a doctor or dentist, a reservation at a day spa or find out where to find the closest pharmacy.
- Diplomatic Service Medical Centre
- Latvian - American Eye Centre
- Latvian Plastic and Microsurgery Centre
- Latvian Red Cross
- Vaccination Service
MediaYou can find English, German and French newspapers in major hotels and in Narvesen kiosks. For local news in English check out TheBaltic Times .
Expat bulletin board
Foreign representationsFor a complete list of foreign embassies and consulates in Riga including opening hours visit www.mfa.gov.lv/en/mission/?lv=0&type=1&riga=on.
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
Government & Municipality
- Citizenship & Migration Affairs Office
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Riga City Council
- State Revenue Service
Organisations & NGOs
- American Chamber of Commerce
- Belgium/Wallonia Trade Office (AWEX)
- British Chamber of Commerce
- British Council
- European Movement - Latvia
- French Cultural Centre
- German-Baltic Chamber of Commerce in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- Goethe-Institut Riga
- Latvian Chamber of Commerce
- Latvian Investment and Development Agency
- Soros Foundation
- Swedish Chamber of Commerce
- The Latvian Institute
- United Nations House
- World Federation of Free Latvians (WFFL)